A classic English baked dessert that is popular during Christmas. It is made of dried fruits and nuts known as 'mincemeat'; not to be confused with animal protein based minced meat!Read More
- For the Pastry Dough
- 140 gms Chilled Butter, cut in cubes
- 225 gms Refined Flour
- 30 gms Castor Sugar
- For the Filling
- 150 gms Mixed dried fruits and nuts (dates, raisin, apricots, walnut, etc)
- 5 gms Cinnamon Powder
- 5 gms Mixed Spices
- 150 ml Brandy
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 15 gms Brown Sugar
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Finely chop the dry fruits and combine with, brown sugar, brandy, apple, mixed spice, lemon rind, cinnamon powder and set aside for later use.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl, add butter cubes and rub until it resembles a fine crumb.
- Add little water to the mixture and fold well to combine.
- Leave it to rest for 20 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and roll the dough on a cleaned surface with the thickness of 5mm, use the pastry cutter to cut circles from the dough.
- Also cut the stars from remaining pastry dough.
- Line tart mold with pastry circles and carefully fill the mixture in to the pastry circles, cover with pastry stars, sprinkle some sugar and bake in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down completely before serving.