Milk Poli By Anagha
Milk poli or paal poli is a rich milk based south Indian sweet dish. Which is very easy to make.Read More
- 1 ltr Milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Dry fruits : cashews, almonds & pista
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour or wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil or Ghee to fry
- First heat the milk and reduce it to half ltr.
- After you get the proper consistency add sugar. You can add and reduce the sugar according to your taste.
- Get your dry fruits roughly chopped and add into the milk.
- Finally add cardamom powder.
- Keep it aside. If you want this recipe chilled then you can keep the milk in fridge till your poli is done.
- To make poli take 2 cups of all purpose or wheat flour in a bowl add a pinch of salt and mix it well. Add water as required and 1 tbs of oil. Prepare a dough.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a kadhai.
- Make the medium size balls of the dough. Make the poli lil thick just like we make puri. Fry them.
- Take a bowl or dish. Take one poli at a time fold it twice then you will get triangular shape. Place all the poli in a row with triangular shape.
- Then take the milk which you have already prepared and pour it on the poli.
- For decoration grate some dry fruits on it.
- Note : If you want to save your time take 1/2 ltr milk and add 100gms of condensed milk to it. If you are adding condensed milk balance your sugar according to your taste .