Milagai Podi By LF Team
Milagi Podi or Gun Powder is the accompaniment served with Idlis and Dosas. This dry chutney or side dish is prepared with Bengal Gram dal, dry coconut and red chillies. It has the perfect balance of spiciness and tanginess that goes well with piping-hot idlis and dosas.Read More
- 1 cup bengal gram
- 1 1/2 sliced cup dry coconut
- 15-20 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 8-10 ball of tamarind
- 11-12 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp jaggery powder
- In a pan, roast bengal gram and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, take dry coconut and roast them and keep it aside.
- Roast curry leaves with salt and asafoetida in the same pan.
- Add balls of tamarind to the mix.
- Roast all the ingredients and keep it aside.
- In another saucepan, roast dried red chillies and black sesame seeds.
- Grind all the ingredients in a blender till it turns into a powder.
- Add jaggery powder to the mixture and blend it again.
- Store the powder in a jar and serve it with idlis.
Explore our Popular Stories.