Meetha & Mahini
A north Indian dish, Mahni is one of the popular recipes of Himachal, it is also known as Himachali Mahni. Watch Chef Ajay Chopra shares this luscious Meeta & Mahni recipeRead More
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- few mint leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- For meetha
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- few Strands Saffron
- 2 tsp melon seeds
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 to 4 cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 potato's
- ghee for frying
- Steam half rip mango and remove the pulp of mango.
- Roast cumin seeds and make powder adding fresh mint.
- In Mango pulp add cumin and mint powder, salt, red chilli powder, sugar and mix.
- Add water, whisk till thin jam like consistency.
- boil water with powder sugar, milk and few strand of saffron.
- Add melon seeds, cinnamon sticks, fennel seeds and cloves.
- Add salt and ghee to pan and let it cook.
- Peel and grate potato in thin long strips.
- Dip grated potato in water, strain and dry them.
- Fry grated potato till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve mahini with boondi, mitha with fried potato.
Explore our Popular Stories.