Masoor Aur Suva Dal By Shazia Khan
Masoor Aur Suva Dal
Dill leaves, or Suva is a good source of Vitamin C, fibre and folate. Chef Shazia Khan combines these leaves with masoor dal to make a yummy dal preparation that will make you drool over.Read More
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chillies
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¾ cup Washed Masoor Dal
- 400 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ½ Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 8 Curry Leaves
- ½ cup Chopped Suva Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Chop onions, Heat ghee in a Pot.
- (Pressure cooker- optional).
- Fry chopped onions and green chillies till translucent.
- Add the turmeric and masoor dal, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add some water and cook the dal till done.
- (2 whistles).
- Heat ghee in a separate pan, add onions, garlic, curry leaves and fry till translucent.
- Add the, chopped dill leaves, cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix this masala with the cooked dal and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and lemon juice and stir well.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.