Masalapuri By Rakesh
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 4
Evening chatRead More
- INGREDIENTS FOR PRESSURE COOKING
- 1 cup white peas
- water, for soaking
- 1 potato, peel & chop
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp clove
- 3 cup water, for pressure cooking
- FOR MASALA PASTE
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fennel / saunf
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cup mint / pudina
- ¾ cup coriander
- FOR CURRY
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- FOR SERVING (1 SERVE)
- 4 puri
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp green chutney
- 2 tbsp spicy sev
- 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- pinch chaat masala
- MASALA PURI GRAVY PREPARATION.
- 1., in a large bowl take 1 cup white peas and soak in enough water for 8 hours.
- 2.take soaked peas in the cooker and add 1 potato, ½ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp clove.
- 3.add 3 cup water and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- 4.mash the potato slightly, adjusting the consistency as required. keep aside.
- 5.now prepare masala paste by heating, 2 tbsp oil and saute 1 tsp fennel.
- 6.also add 1 onion, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute slightly.
- 7.further, add 1 tomato and saute until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- 8.cool completely and transfer to a blender.
- 9.add ½ cup mint and ¾ cup coriander.
- 10.blend to smooth paste adding water if required. keep aside.
- 11.in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and ¾ tsp cumin, 1 bay leaf and 1 inch cinnamon. saute until spices turn aromatic.
- 12.now add ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder and ½ tsp garam masala.
- 13.saute on low flame until spices turn aromatic.
- 14.further, add in boiled white peas and mix well.
- 15.add 1 cup water and 1 tsp salt.
- 16.mix well adjusting consistency as required.
- 17.cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the flavours are well absorbed.
- 18.masala puri curry is ready to enjoy.