Masala Paniyaram By Shipra Khanna
When we think of South Indian snacks, we often think of idlis and dosas. But did you know about paniyarams? Chef Shipra Khanna shares the recipe for Masala Paniyarams which is easy to cook and tastes amazing.Read More
- 1 bowl dosa batter
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- For Chutney
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp black mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- For Garnish : Fried curry leaves
- To the dosa batter, add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, black mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida and mix it well. Heat the mould of Masala Paniyaram. Brush the moulds with oil.
- To the batter, add desiccated coconut and mix well. Add the batter in the mould and let it cook until it turns light brown from both the sides.
- For chutney, finely chop the garlic cloves, onions. In a heated pan, add oil, chopped onion, garlic and saute. Add chopped tomatoes, salt as per taste and let it cook. Add the mixture in a bowl and let it cool.
- Add the chutney mixture in a blender and prepare a chutney. Heat a pan, add oil, black mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves and add it to the chutney.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves and Masala Paniyaram is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.