Famous dish of Karnataka, or South India eaten during breakfast, evening munching or dinner .Read More
12- 15 dosa ,serves 4- 5 people Servings
Once all the items are Mins
- Oil or ghee for frying dosa
- 4 cups of rice
- 1 cup of Urad dal
- 1/2 cup of moong dal
- 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds
- 500 gms potato
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1tbsp urad dal
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves
- Salt per taste
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 4- 5 Byadgi chilli or Kashmiri chilli
- 5 red chillies
- 10 - 15 garlic cloves
- Hing or asafoetida 1 pinch
- 2 medium sized Onion
- For batter - Soak 4 cups rice , 1 cup urad dal , 1/2 cup moong dal and 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds for 5 hours .
- Grind rice , urad dal , moong dal and fenugreek seeds into a smooth batter .
- Add salt per taste or 1tsp salt .
- Let the batter ferment for 8 hours .
- For the the garlic chutney - Add 1 cup grated coconut in a mixer .
- Add 5 Kashmiri or byadgi chilli .
- Add 5 red chilli .
- Add 1 pinch asafoetida .
- Add 1/2 tsp salt .
- Add 10 - 15 garlic cloves .
- Grind it smooth , the chutney is ready .
- For the potato filling or potato palya , boil 500 gms of potato , in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles .
- Mash the potato .
- In a pan or kadhai heat 2tbsp of oil .
- Add 1 tbsp chana dal , 1 tbsp urad dal , 1 tbsp mustard seeds and curry leaves .
- Let the tadka turn golden brown .
- Add 2 medium sized chopped onions .
- Let the onion turn transparent .
- Add 1tsp of turmeric powder .
- Add the mashed potatoes .
- Add salt per taste or 1tsp .
- Mix it well on low to medium heat and top it with some finely chopped coriander leaves .
- The potato palya or filling is ready .
- Now for dosa , take pan grease it with oil ,ghee or butter 1tsp .
- Add the batter and spread in clockwise direction.
- Put oil or ghee on the sides of the dosa .
- When the dosa is half cooked spread the garlic chutney on top of the dosa .
- Add 1 tbsp of the potato filling and fold into half .
- No need to flip the dosa .
- Masala dosa is ready .
- Serve it with coconut chutney or sambar, or it's good that way it self .