Mango Kulfi By Prabhakar Subramanian
Special treat for the scorching summer!!Read More
- Milk – 1 Ltr
- Medium size ripe mango – 2 Nos. (Alphonso or Imam Pasand)
- Sugar – 200gm
- Cardamom – 10 gms
- Badam, Pista, Cashew – 25 gms each
- Saffron – few strands
- Deskin the mango and blend it into pulp.
- In a heavy bottom vessel boil the milk on a low flame and reduce it to ½ the volume.
- Add sugar to the reduced milk and boil it.
- Once the sugar has blended well with the milk add cardamom powder, saffrom and the mango pulp and heat it for another 5 to 7 minutes stirring the mixture all the while.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature. Then use small cups or kulfi cones and fill them with the boiled milk and pulp mixture.
- Garnish the top with sliced badam, pista and cashew. Layer the top with a little bit of badam or rose syrup and freeze it in the refrigerator.
- Server direct from freezer for a wholesome dessert treat. Serve with fresh rose petals if available.