Mango Glaze Cake By Padmini
Mango Glaze Cake
A special cake of King of fruits, suits the occasion of party, a celebration or just a fun time to enjoy with your dear ones. Let's have a look at mouth watering eggless mango cake with mango glaze pouring down from the top of the cake, decorated with cherries and some tutti-frutti. Enjoy!Read More
- 1 cup mango cubes
- ¾ cup 180 gms sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml)oil
- 2 cup (280 gmaida / plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup (60 ml)milk
- FOR MANGO GLAZE
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1/2 cup sugar powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Little tutti frutti and few cherries to decorate
- FOR BAKING IN COOKER:
- 2 cups salt or sand
- Take a blender, put 1 cup mango and ¾ cup sugar, blend to smooth puree. Take a bowl, put mango puree, add ½ cup oil mix well. Place a sieve and add 2 cups maida, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, sieve the flour making sure there are no lumps. Mix well. Add ¼ cup milk slowly and mix until the batter is combined well. Now the cake batter is ready!! Grease the cake mould, with butter or oil, and place a butter paper at the bottom and grease it. Pour the batter and tap twice to level up uniformly and remove air bubbles, if any.
- To prepare cake in a pressure cooker Put 2 cups of salt in cooker. Take the lid of cooker without the gasket and whistle. Cover the cooker with lid, and heat for 5 to 10 minutes, with medium flame. Place the cake pan in the preheated cooker, cover and cook on medium flame for 45 minutes.
- To prepare in microwave oven, Preheat oven at 180-degree celsius. Place the cake mould in preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, Insert a toothpick and check if the cake has baked completely. Let the cake cool and then unmould the cake. Hurray!! Eggless mango cake is ready!! Serve the cake as it is or decorate with frosting or with mango glaze.
- Mango glaze preparation: Take a pan, add 1 cup mango paste, 1/2 cup water, 2 tsp sugar powder, 1 tsp cornflour, mix well. Heat it stirring continuously, on low flame, for around 5 minutes, till the mixture has thick consistency. Switch off the stove and let the glaze cool completely. Wow! Mango glaze is ready!!.
- Final Touch!! Cut the base cake horizontally into two halves. Take a base sheet or plate, place one half of the cake. Spread the mango glaze on it liberally. Place the other half of the cake on it. Pour the remaining glaze on the cake, and spread evenly. Decorate with cherries and tutti frutti. Now keep the cake in fridge for an hour to set. Hurray!! Mango Glaze Cake is Ready!!!.