Malai Nu Khaja
Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for Malai Nu Khaja, a decadent Parsi sweet. This crispy, flaky sweet stuffed with creamy mawa mixture and immersed in sugar syrup is simply yummy.Read More
- 500 gm maida
- 50 gm ghee
- 2 drops red edible food colour
- 2 drops green edible food colour
- 50 gm khoya
- 3 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped almond
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 2 tbsp corn
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ghee for frying
- In a bowl, add maida, ghee and mix it well. Add water and prepare a soft dough. Massage the dough with hands to make it soft.
- Divide the dough into three parts. Add red edible food colour to one part of the dough and green edible food colour to the second part.
- In a pan, add khoya, sugar, chopped almond, pistachio and mix it well. Prepare sugar syrup with water and sugar. In another bowl, add cornflour, ghee and mix it.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet. Add the rolls of green and red dough over it and roll it out.
- Apply cornflour mixture and roll it. Cut it into logs. Dust with flour and roll it out again. Stuff it with khoya mixture, layer with another dough sheet and fold it.
- Deep fry it in ghee on slow flame. Dip it in sugar syrup and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.