Malai Ghevar By Bhumika Gandhi
Recipe for traditional Rajasthani dessert, Malai Ghevar, straight from the kitchens of Chef Kayzad Sadri, Corporate Food & Beverage Manager at MHRIL.Read More
- 500 Gram Maida
- 150 Gram Ghee
- 1.5 Litre Water
- 1 Litre Milk
- 50 Gram Sugar
- 5 Gram Cardamom powder
- 1 Gram Saffron
- 50 Gram Dry fruits, chopped
- For frying Ghee
- For sugar syrup
- 500 Gram Sugar
- 250 Ml Water
- A pinch of Saffron
- Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan and cool by adding ice, by this all the impurities are left behind, and pure ghee gets accumulated on the surface.
- Massage the ghee nicely till it is smooth and start incorporating the flour and water slowly till you get batter.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, place a circular mould and start pouring the batter in centre, fry till it is golden brown.
- Make sugar syrup by heating water and sugar till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the fried Ghevar to the warm syrup and remove.
- To make malai heat milk, sugar, cardamom powder and saffron and reduce to half, cool till it thickens.
- Top the malai on the ghevar and garnish with chopped nuts.