Malabari Paratha With Chicken Stew By Rakhee Vaswani
Malabari Paratha With Chicken Stew
Enjoy the creamy, flavourful chicken stew with crispy Malabar paratha to add a spicy variation to your mealsRead More
- 1 cup soaked split bengal gram
- 1 cup soaked split black gram
- 1 cup flattened rice, soaked
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chillies
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, water as required, oil for greasing
- 2 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped, crushed black pepper to taste, red chilli powder to taste
- In a mixer grinder add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, cloves, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, curry leaves, blend it well.
- In a pan add oil, sliced onions, blended masala mixture, curry leaves, chicken pieces and ginger juliennes, Saute it and add chopped potatoes, salt and coconut milk.
- Take out some potatoes mash them and return to the stew, cook it well and add fresh coconut milk.
- Switch off the gas as we do not overcook the stew, to make malabari paratha dough, in a bowl, add refined flour, sugar salt, baking powder, ghee and add water to a small dough, roll it into a ball and spread ghee on it and let it rest, roll the dough into a thin paratha spread ghee on it and arrange it like fan, twirl it into a wheel like disc and roll the paratha.
- On a pan, carefully place the paratha and generously apply ghee to roast it on both sides.
- Malabari paratha with chicken stew is ready to be served.
Explore our Popular Stories.