Makhani sauce pasta By Shreya Vishwakarma
Makhani sauce pasta
Makhani sauce pasta is a fusion dish as it is indulgence of Italian and Indian flavours. It describes the Symphony of flavours which has subtle, creamy texture and a kick of Indian spices.Read More
- For boiling pasta :- 4 cup water
- 2 cup of pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- For Makhani sauce:-
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 onion (medium sized)
- 2 tomatoes(medium sized)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 kashmiri mirch (sabut)
- 7-9 cashew nuts
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp corainder powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Sauted veggies(capsicum, corn,mushroom, carrots)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp refined flour or maida
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cheese cube
- 1 tsp black pepper (crushed)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- For boiling pasta :- heat up the water in a pot till it starts to boil then add Penne pasta, salt and oil.
- Cook the pasta for 10-12 mins till it becomes al-dente. Now strain the water and wash the pasta in cold water.
- Now in a pan, heat up 1tsp oil start adding the spices which are cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and kashmiri lal mirch(sabut).
- Then add finely chopped garlic and ginger. Add the cashew nuts and saute for few seconds.
- Now, we will add onions, saute it till it becomes translucent. Thereafter add tomatoes, salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, corainder powder. Saute for a min.
- Add 1/4 cup water, close the lid of pan till the tomatoes becomes little mushy.
- Now we will cool the mixture and grind it.
- Next step will be to heat a pan, add 1 tbsp of butter. Then add refined flour to it roast it until it leaves an aroma. Now slowly add the milk.
- Then add 1 cheese cube, stir it continuously so that it doesn't stick to bottom. Stir till it becomes thick.
- Next, add the grinded mixture, crushed black pepper, Sauted veggies, pasta and salt to taste.
- Voila! Makhani sauce pasta is ready. Garnish it with some grated cheese, oregano and chilli flakes.