Machli Ka Salan By Ranveer Brar
Machli Ka Salan
Machli Ka Salan is a fish-based dish. Here, marinated pieces of fish are cooked in mustard oil in a tangy gravy of buttermilk. This aromatic, spicy and scrumptious fish curry when served with steaming hot rice is a combination worth dying for.Read More
- 7 - 8 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 piece of black stone flower
- 5 - 6 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- 1 ½ tbsp turmeric
- 2 - 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 - 2 cups buttermilk
- salt as per taste
- ½ cup gram flour
- water as required
- lemon juice
- 2 dried red chillies
- chopped pistachios
- fish pieces
- coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds, black stone flower, black peppercorns, cinnamon stick and saute.
- Add onion paste, ginger garlic paste and saute until onion turns light brown.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder and mix well. Then add buttermilk and mix again.
- Marinade the fish with salt, turmeric and lemon juice and fry it in mustard oil.
- Place the fried fish in the curry and let it cook.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry chopped pistachios and dried red chillies.
- Garnish the curry with fried pistachios, red chillies and chopped coriander.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.