Macher Jhol is a famous Bengali fish stew. Chef Kunal Kapur shares a recipe for this spicy and delicious Bengali delicacy. The Rohu fish is tender, and the flavours in curry will make you sigh.Read More
- 500 gm rohu fish
- salt as per taste
- turmeric powder
- mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cardamom
- 2-inch cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 potatoes
- fresh coriander for garnish
- In a plate, add rohu fish, salt, turmeric powder and mix.
- In a heated pan, add mustard oil and fry the fish.
- In another bowl, add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and sugar.
- Add water and mix it well.
- Take out the fried fish in a plate.
- Add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick and toast it.
- Add ginger paste and saute.
- Add powdered spice paste, chopped potatoes and mix.
- Add salt as per taste, water and leave it to cook.
- Add water, fried fish and stir.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.