Maas wadi Empanadas By Ranveer Brar
Maas wadi Empanadas
Bored of the usual curries? This Maas Wadi Espanadas is something which can make you feel proud of yourself. The aroma and look of this amazing vegetarian dish is sure to make you drool.Read More
- For stuffing
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup peanuts
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp hing
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- For dough
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- seasoned water
- For rassa
- 3 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup onions
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups water of dal
- 1 tbsp gouda masala
- For garnish
- fresh coriander
- lemon wedge
- Procedure to make Maas wadi Empanadas: In a heated fry pan add grated coconut, peanuts, poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, cumin seeds and cook it well.
- Add asafoetida and slowly mix it. Add oil and let it cook.
- In another fry pan add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, water and let it heat.
- Add salt in the masala and mix it.
- Add the masala in the grinder jar and grind it.
- In a bowl add rice flour, gram flour, red chilli powder, salt and mix it. Add seasoned hot water and make a dough.
- Cut the dough into small pieces and dust it with rice flour.
- With a rolling pin roll out the dough, add the masala, seal it with water and trim the slice.
- In a steamer, steam the slice for 12 - 15 minutes.
- In a heated pan add oil, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add chopped onions and saute it.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger - garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add dal water, salt, gouda masala.
- In another fry pan add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric powder and cook it.
- Add this in the gravy.
- In a frying pan add ghee. Add the cooked empanadas in the ghee.
- For plating add the gravy in a plate, add the empanadas.
- Add the salsa, fresh coriander leaves, a lemon wedge and Mass wadi Empanadas is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.