Lockdown Pani puri
Semolina 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine variety) Urad flour 1 Tablespoon (To make the puris crispy) Salt 1 Pinch Club soda 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Alternate option - Mix 1/4 cup water + 1/4 tsp baking soda or 1/2 tsp baking powder) Oil/Ghee 2 Teaspoon (As required) FOR FRYING Oil 1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying) IRead More
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 cup Wheat flour
- Semolina 1/2 Cup (8 tb(Fine varietUrad flour 1 Tablespoon (To make the puris crispSalt 1 Pinch
- Club soda 1/4 Cup (4 tb(Alternate option - Mix 1/4 cup water + 1/4 tsp baking soda or 1/2 tsp baking powdeOil/Ghee 2 Teaspoon (As requireFOR FRYING
- Oil 1 Cup (16 tb(For deep fryinInstructions
- GETTING READY
- To prepare the dough:
- In a bowl mix semolina, urad dal and salt.
- Add club soda and gradually knead to get a tight smooth dough. If more liquid required, then add little water.
- Wrap the dough with a kitchen towel and pat some water on it. Let it rest wrapped for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take blueberry size portions of the dough and roll out thin small puris or you can take large portions and roll out a large thin puri and cut small rounds using a sharp edged round mold or round shape cutter. (The puris can also be pressed in a tortilla maker if desired).
- Deep fry the puris in oil heated up to a medium temperature. Do not make them brown in color.
- Green coriander(Dhaniy- 1/2 cup
- Mint - 1/2 cup
- Tamarind/Amchur powder - 2 tsp(or juice of 2 lemonGreen chilly - 2
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Roasted Jeera - 2 tsp
- black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp( if you prefer spicSalt - add to taste (1 tsblack salt - 1 tsp
- Remove them on to a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve the puris/golgappas in your favorite chaat.