Savour this delicious, oil free and steamed Gujarati locho for a tea time snack. Chef Ranveer Brar shared step - by - step recipe of this healthy snack that you can easily replicate at home.Read More
- For locho
- 1 cup soaked amaranth
- 1 cup soaked bengal gram
- 2½ tbsp yogurt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- chopped ginger
- For Ladoos
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1½ cup puffed rice
- cherry tomatoes
- For locho batter grind soaked amaranth and soaked Bengal gram.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add salt, turmeric powder, green chillies, yogurt, and water.
- Mix well. Keep aside for 5 min.
- Fill small bowls with the gram flour batter.
- To a steamer add water and chopped ginger.
- Steam locho filled in the bowls.
- For laddus, melt jaggery in a pan. Add red chilli flakes and puffed rice. Mix well.
- Drizzle oil in a tray and transfer the puffed rice mixture.
- Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Apply oil to palms and make laddus from the mixture.
- Serve locho with laddus.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Explore our Popular Stories.