Lentil and Pumpkin Soup By Aditi Govitrikar
Lentil and Pumpkin Soup
Lentils are a rich source of proteins. Most people consume it in the form of a dal. Living Foodz presents an interesting soup combining lentils. This soup is easy to make and tastes delicious.Read More
- 1 cup lentils
- 300 gm pumpkin
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ cup onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Mint sprig
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil. Saute chopped garlic.
- When the garlic changes colour, add sliced onion.
- Add cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add soaked lentils and diced pumpkin to this masala and mix.
- Pour some water and mix again. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles.
- Blend the cooked mixture into a smooth puree. Transfer the soup to a bowl.
- Garnish it with a mint sprig. Lentil & Pumpkin Soup is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.