Lemongrass icecream with salted ginger caramel sauce By Khyati Dhaval
Lemongrass icecream with salted ginger caramel sauce
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 2
The icecream here is made up of lemongrass, a flavorful plant belong to grass family. It's stalk and leaves have prominent smell and taste. I have used that taste to make a delicious icecream.The taste of ginger goes well so I have made a sauce of it.Read More
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 condensed milk
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1.5 tbsp GMS powder
- 1/2 tsp CMC powder
- 50 grams sugar (or as per taste)
- 1 cup lemongrass chopped
- For salted ginger caramel sauce 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 tsp full cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- Almond shaves 2 tbsp for garnishing
- 4-5 rose petals for garnishing
- Pink and yellow tuile for garnishing (optional)
- Take one litre of milk in a sauce pan with chopped lemongrass and bring it to a nice boil .
- Boil the milk until it becomes aromatic and slightly green in colour .
- Take 1/2 cup extra milk and add in cornflour , gms and cmc powder to it and mix them all together . . Also add sugar and condensed milk and dissolve . . .
- Pour this mixture In boiling milk and start countinuous stirring . .
- When the mixture is thick enough turn the gas off and sieve the mixture to remove lemongrass and other lump . . .
- Bring the milk to room temperature then pour it in an aluminum tin with lid .
- Freeze for 12-14 hours.
- After that churn the icecream and again freeze for 12-14 hours .
- For salted ginger caramel sauce take a pan and add sugar and water in described quantity .
- Without stirring bring the mixture to boil.
- When it changes to Amber colour add in salt, butter, double cream and ginger sauce .
- Stir continuously until thick.
- Bubbles will form but still continue to mix the sauce .
- Our sauce is ready .
- Serve the icecream with salted ginger caramel sauc.
- Garnish with almond shaves and rose petal . Decorate with tuile.