Lemon virgin mojito cupcakes By Zara Ashraf
Lemon virgin mojito cupcakes
Chocochip cupcake that is filled with mint ganache topped with a lemon buttercream, making the dessert sweet, refreshing and tangy all in one. The best part it’s egglessRead More
- Maida- 1/2 cup
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda- 1/4 tsp
- salt- pinch
- Powdered sugar- 5 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil- 1/8 cup
- Curd- 1/8 cup
- vanilla- 1/2 tsp
- milk- 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips- 1/8 cup
- White chocolate- 30g
- mint leaves- 8 leaves
- Fresh cream- 15g
- Unsalted butter- 100g
- Icing sugar- 200g
- lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- yellow food colour- few drops(optional)
- green food colour- few drops (optional)
- For cupcakes:.
- sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Twice.
- in another bowl add the powdered sugar and oil and whisk until the sugar is almost dissolved .
- add the curd and vanilla essence and whisk until its fully combined.
- fold in your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients along with your milk in three batches until its fully combined and lump free.
- add your chocochips and fold it in until its fully combined and then pour in your cupcake liners.
- Bake it in your 160°C preheated oven for 20 minutes .
- for mint ganache filling:.
- beat your cream with your mint leaves until its fully combined .
- cut your chocolate and melt it in the microwave until its fully melted and ads your cream and stir until its fully combined.
- Optional: add few drops of green colour to the ganache to darken it.
- For Buttercream: .
- Beat the unsalted butter and icing sugar until its light and fluffy.
- Once its fluffy add your lemon juice and whisk.
- Optional: Add yellow colour to make the icing yellow.
- To assemble:.
- cut a small piece of the center on the cupcake and fill it with your ganache and top it with your lemon buttercream .