Leche Frita (Fried Milk)
Its a Spanish dessert from northern Spain. My uncle(mama) is a chef in Spain. This is for him.Read More
- 7 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 guart whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 large eggs or 2 spoons custard powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cinnamon powder and Ice Cream for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornstarch , 3 1/2 tablespoons flout and Sugar.
- Add 1 cup of milk and mix well with a whisk until thickened about 10minutes.
- In large saucepan, heat the rest of the milk along with cinnamon stick over medium low heat.
- Once the milk begins to bubble, remove it from the heat. Strain it little by little into the sugar and flour mixture , stirribg constantly.
- Pour the sugar, flour and milk mixture back into the saucepan over low heat, again stirring well for 10 minutes.
- Grease glass baking dish or any 9inch deep dish with oil.
- Leave to cool in the fridge for at lease 3hours or overnight if you have time.
- Run a knife around the edge of tge Leche Frita to ensure its not sticking and very quickly turn it out.
- Cut it into squares that are about 2 1/4 inch. In the 9 inch pan, this should create 16 pieces.
- Beat the eggs/custard powder.
- Heat oil in a frying pan in medium heat. Add the butter.
- Bread each of the squares by dredging them in the remaining flour.
- Then dip them in the beaten eggs/ custard powder.
- Fry in the hot oil for approximately 1 minute on each side, until every lightly golden.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve immediately or allow to cool and serve at room temperature or serve with ice cream.