Layali Lubnan By Albeena Thukral
It's a Arabian Dish which mean Lebanese Night It is a Semolina pudding that is pure white in colourRead More
- 1 cup Semolina
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Rose water
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups corn flour
- 4tbsp cold milk
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp rose water
- Take a pan add 1 cup of Semolina/ Suji to it and 3 cups of Milk to it . ( Now need to roast the semolina because this is a pure white dessert).
- Keep stirring it so that it doesn't stick to the pan and also it does not get any lumps.
- After it gets thick add 1 cup of Sugar. You 'll notice after adding sugar the batter will again start to get thin .
- So keep stirring it to get a thick consistency and cook till it starts to get a boil.
- Turn down the flame and add 1-1/2 tsp of Rose water/ cardamom powder/ vanilla essence depending upon your taste.
- Now to set this take a mould and grease it with some butter and pour this batter into it .
- Keep the mould in refrigerator for 1 hour so that it holds a shape.
- For the second layer take take 2 cups of milk and make the flame on high.
- Take 3 tbsp Corn flour/custard powder , 4 tbsp of cold milk mix them well to form a slurry and keep it aside.( Color may change if you add custard powder).
- Add 2 tbsp of sugar to the milk .
- When the milk starts to boil add 50g grated Paneer to it and mix well.
- Now add the corn flour slurry and keep stirring it on low flame till you get a boil .
- Turn off the flame and add 1tsp of Vanilla essence/cardamom powder and mix well.
- Strain this layer to make it super smooth with the help of a strainer.
- Let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
- Take the batter out of the refrigerator and pour the second layer above it .
- Now let the pudding set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Meaning our Pudding is getting set let's make sugar syrup .
- Add 1/5 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a pan on high flame .
- Add 1tsp of Lemon Juice to remove impurities.
- After the sugar completely dissolves turn off the flame and add 1 tsp of Rose water.
- Refrigerate the syrup too and let it cool.
- After 2-3 hour when the pudding get's set take it out if the mould and garnish it with any sort of nuts or fruits and drizzle the sugar syrup onto the Pudding and enjoy.