Lavang Latika (Laung Lata) By Nikita Gujar
Lavang Latika (Laung Lata)
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 1
A catchy name authentic Konkani dessert.. very few folks know about this dish these days.Crispy on the outside and soft of the inside, this sugar syrup coated Lavang Latika is an absolute show stealer.Read More
4 people Servings
Preparation time 30-40 mins and cooking time 20 mins total 50-60 mins Mins
- For cover - 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup ghee, salt for taste, water, cloves
- Stuffing - 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 2 cups milk powder, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, dry fruits as per choice, cardamom powder, 1/2 tap ghee
- Sugar syrup - 2 cups sugar, 3/4 cup water, cardamom 2-3, saffron.
- Ghee for frying Latika's
- For the cover, take the flour in a mixing bowl, add salt and ghee and rub with your fingertips. Add sufficient water and knead stiff dough. Cover with cotton cloth.
- For the syrup, mix sugar with water, add cardamom and saffron and cook till one string consistency. Remove from flame and keep it warm.
- For stuffing, take one pan and mix milk powder , milk, sugar, ghee,all dry fruits, cardamom powder in pan and mix it till it will take texture like Barfi. Then take it off from flame and add desiccated coconut and mix it well.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll out each portion into puri.
- Place 2 tsp. stuffing mixture in the center of the puri, fold in the sides to overlap each other and seal with some water.
- Secure the edges with a clove on top.
- Heat ghee on medium flame and fry prepared latika till crisp and golden.
- Remove from ghee and add to sugar syrup.
- Leave it for a minute and serve hot.