Lauki ke modak
Thogh Modak is a speciality of Maharashtra,incorporated northern flavour of lauki halwa in it.Read More
- For Covering
- Rice flour 1cup
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 pinch
- For filling
- Bottle Gourd 1 small
- Sugar 200 Gm
- Elaichi powder
- Dry fruits
- Green colour
- Ghee 100 Gm
- For Covering ,in a pan heat 1n half cup of water upto boiling,add pince of salt and ghee,add rice flour in it and stir continuosly,cover the pot and wait for 5 to 10 minute,kneat the dough properly.
- Peelof the lauki,and grate it.In a kadhai put ghee and fry grated lauki until it soften.Add khoya or milkmaid in it and stir well.Add sugar as per u r adding khoya or milkmaid.Add elaichi powder and pinch of green colour.Adding colour is optional.Stir until mixture become halwa like consistency.
- Take rice flour mixture and make small balls.Take the small ball on your hand and spread like a katori.Fill the halwa mixture in it and make the shape of modak.
- Heat the steamer ,spread banana/haldi leaf in it,and place all modak,Steam it for 10 min or u can see glaze in it.
- Serve along with ghee and liquid jagary .