Lau Patta Ilish By Ranveer Brar
Lau Patta Ilish
Hilsa fish is a staple of Bengali cuisine. Here Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for a steamed mustard hilsa. This distinctively flavoured, aromatic and gorgeous looking fish will pull you towards it.Read More
- 1 Ilish/hilsa
- 3 tbsp soaked yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp soaked red mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 12 - 15 bottle gourd leaves
- turmeric as required
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp mango pickle oil
- cooked rice
- green chillies
- lemon juice
- mustard oil
- Grind soaked yellow and red mustard seeds, soaked poppy seeds, salt, green chilli and turmeric powder into a smooth paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces with salt, turmeric powder, ground paste and mustard oil.
- Place the fish piece on bottle gourd leaves along with a slit green chilli and drizzle some pickle oil.
- Wrap the leaves into a parcel and secure it with a thread. Steam the fish parcels for 14 - 15 minutes in a steamer.
- Drizzle pickle oil over the steamed fish and serve it with rice, green chilli and lemon wedge.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.