Lasuni Palak Pav
Baking bread at home is a more healthier option rather than buying it from the store.Only thing you have to keep in mind is that you have to give the dough time to rise. Proofing is very important. To make it more nutritious and flavourful, we can add vegetables and spices of your choice.Read More
- 500 grams All Purpose Flour
- 1 small bowl of Spinach
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Pickled Tomatoes or 2 Sun dried Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Pickled Red Chilli slices or Red Fresh Chillies
- 11 grams Dry Active Yeast
- 10 grams Sugar
- 5 grams + 1/4 tsp Salt
- 240 ml of Water
- 2 1/2 tbsp Oil
- Chop the garlic, spinach, Tomato and chillies.
- Take a pan, add 1 tbsp oil and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic, sauté it for few seconds.
- Add the spinach, pickled tomatoes, chillies and salt.
- Stir and sauté till the water from the spinach has dried up.
- Take 1/4 cup lukewarm water, add sugar and yeast. Stir it and let it rise.
- Add the rest of the salt to the flour and mix it.
- Add the yeast water and the remaining water to the flour.
- Add the spinach mix and start to knead it.
- After 5 minutes, add 1 tbsp of oil and knead for another 5 minutes.
- Add another 1/2 tsp of oil to the dough.
- Cover the dough and keep it to rise double in size.
- Apply oil on the palm, punch the dough and knead the dough on a flat surface for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions depending upon the size you want. I weigh the dough as it will be of the same size.
- Take a rectangular baking tray. Grease it with oil.
- Roll the dough and place it on the baking tray. The dough should be touching each other.
- Apply oil on your fingers and gently flatten the dough from top.
- Cover the dough and let it rise double in size.
- Spray water on the dough. Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 20 minutes or till brown in colour.
- Remove it from the oven. Brush the pav with butter.
- Let it cool completely before eating it.