Lamb Pot Rice By Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Lamb Pot Rice
For the fans of Middle-Eastern cuisine, this Lamb Pot Rice recipe by Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay is a culinary treat. The slow-cooked lamb curry with meat, spices and saffron is supremely aromatic and paired with cooked fragrant, long grain rice tastes simply divine. Every morsel of this curry and rice is flavourful, fragrant and delicious.Read More
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 300 gm boneless lamb pieces
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- water as required
- salt as per taste
- 150 gm yoghurt
- 2 - 3 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups of boiled rice
- For garnish
- black raisins
- coriander leaves
- In a heated pan, add clarified butter, boneless lamb pieces and fry it until it turns brown.
- Add the fried lamb in a plate.
- In the same pan, fry the chopped onions and let it caramelise.
- Add cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cardamom powder and mix it.
- Add the fried lamb and mix it.
- Add water as required, a pinch of saffron strands, salt as per taste and mix it.
- Let it cook for 40 minutes.
- In a bowl, add yoghurt, saffron strands and mix it.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and add the mixture in the pan, and stir it.
- Add pomegranate seeds and mix it well.
- Leave it to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add boiled rice and mix it well.
- Garnish with black raisin, mint leaves, coriander leaves and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.