A fancy soup with a difference! Make this popular spicy noodle soup that is a combo of Chinese and Malay cuisines.Read More
- 5 to 6 shallots chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Thai chopped ginger
- Few kaffir lime leaves chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp red chilli paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 to 3 Thai red bird’s eye chillies
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 lemon grass
- Few Thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 mackerel boiled
- 1 tbsp laksa paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup rice noodles
- Boiled Eggs
- cucumber sliced
- Thai red bird’s eye chilli
- coconut milk
- For the soup heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic shallots, Thai ginger, kaffir lime leaves, red chilli paste, sugar, Thai red birds eye chillies, tamarind paste, water, and lemongrass.
- Mix well.
- For fish balls, combine boiled mackerel, laksa paste, egg white, and rice flour in a bowl.
- Make small balls from the mixture and add to the pan containing the soup.
- Add coconut milk and rice noodles to the pan and boil.
- Discard lemongrass from the soup.
- From pan, transfer the boiled rice noodles to the serving bowl, and then place the fish balls on the noodles.
- Add a few Thai basil leaves and lemon juice to the soup in the pan.
- Stir well.
- Transfer soup on top of the fish balls in the serving bowl.
- Serve laksa with sliced cucumber and halved boiled egg.
- Garnish laksa with salt, Thai red birds eye chilli, and coconut milk.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.