Laapsi By Ajay Chopra
Lapsi is a traditional dessert dish from Rajasthan made with broken wheat (Daliya). Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for Lapsi which is made with jaggery and is a delicious and sumptuous dish.Read More
- 2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup daliya
- 1 cup water (for soaking Lapsi )
- 3 cup jaggery syrup
- ½ cup mixed dry fruits (almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts)
- In a pan, add jaggery and water to make jaggery syrup.
- In another pan, add ghee and let it warm. Add daliya and roast it till it is fully done. Add warm water and let it cook until it softens.
- Add jaggery syrup and cook the laapsi slowly till the syrup is completely absorbed by daliya.
- Plate the laapsi and garnish it with chopped almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.