Kushi Kerao Ka Jhor
Unlike many other Indian cuisines, very little is known about Bhojpuri food. Chef Ajay Chopra introduces you to Kushi Kerao dal and teaches you to cook it in a thick spicy tomato gravy.Read More
- 250 gm black peas
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato
- 2 coriander leaves springs
- green chilli
- Procedure to make Kushi Kerao ka Jhor: In a mixer jar, add half of the black peas and grind it.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- In a heated fry pan add mustard oil, chopped onions and cook it until it turns brown.
- Chop green coriander leaves.
- In the pan add ginger - garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix it.
- Add chopped onions, water in the pan.
- Add the Kushi Kerao crush in the pan and mix it.
- Add the leftover black peas, water and mix it.
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- To garnish add ghee, green chilli and Kushi Kerao ka Jhor is ready to serve with rice.
Explore our Popular Stories.