Kundan Kaliya With Lachha Paratha
Did you know that this Awadhi boneless mutton dish is made in a mixture of caramelized onions and curd? Have them along with piping hot Lachhe ke parathe which perfect for lunch.Read More
- 2 onions
- 500 boneless mutton
- 1 cup curd
- 25 gm ginger
- 15 gm garlic
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli paste
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp cloves powder
- ¼ tsp mace powder
- ½ tsp black peppercorn
- ½ tsp black cardamom
- 1 tbsp malai
- 3 drops kewra essence
- 5 saffron strands
- coriander leaves
- For paratha
- Take a dough
- a pinch of red chillies powder
- Procedure to make Kundan Kaliya: In a heated pan add ghee, sliced onions and let it cook until it turns light brown.
- Add the fried onions in a bowl.
- In the same pan add boneless meat, water and let it boil.
- In the fried onions add curd and mix it well.
- Strain the water of mutton in a bowl.
- In a heated pan add ghee, boiled muttons and stir it.
- Add the mixture of curd & fried onions to the mutton.
- In a bowl place a piece of cloth.
- Add ginger - garlic paste in it and strain the water from it.
- Add this water in mutton gravy and mix it.
- Add the red chilli paste and mix it well.
- Add the mutton stock to the mixture and mix well.
- Add curd and mix it well.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, mace, black cardamom, black peppercorn, mutton stock, mix it well and let it cook.
- Add salt, fresh malai and mix it well.
- Strain the mutton gravy in a bowl and mutton pieces in another bowl.
- Add kewra essence, saffron strands and mix it well.
- Prepare Lachha Parantha, add salt, red chilli powder, roll the dough and make a parantha.
- Apply ghee on parantha and cut them into slices.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves, dust gold powder and Kundan Kaliya is ready to serve with Laccha Paratha.
Explore our Popular Stories.