Kothimbir Vadi By LF Team
The traditional Maharashtrian delicacy, Kothimbir Vadi, is a popular snack item. Prepared with fresh coriander, steamed and tempered with oil, mustard seeds and black sesame seeds, these crispy coriander fritters are best paired with a piping-hot cup of tea.Read More
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp yogurt
- 5 chopped green chillies
- 3 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- For the seasoning
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp coconut
- In a bowl, add gram flour, turmeric powder, salt and yogurt.
- Add chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and grated jaggery mix it well till it turns to a smooth and thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a steamer.
- Steam it for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the kothimbir vadi is steam-cooked, cut them into medium square pieces and put it on a fresh plate.
- For the kothimbir vadi seasoning: Heat oil in a pan add asafoetida, mustard seeds, black sesame seeds and coconut shavings saute them well.
- Season the Kothimbir Vadi with this tempering.
Explore our Popular Stories.