Koshary By Ranveer Brar
Chef Ranveer Brar presents the recipe for Koshary, a national dish of Egypt. It is a rice and lentil dish served with tangy tomato sauce and spiced chickpeas. This dish is delicious as well as very filling.Read More
- 1 cup whole red lentils
- 1 cup steamed rice
- 100 gm chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 4 tsp garlic
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 1 lemon
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp processed cheese
- For garnish
- fried onions
- lemon wedge
- fresh parsley sprigs
- In a heated pan, add whole lentils and toss it.
- Add steamed rice and mix it.
- Add salt as per taste, crushed black pepper and mix it.
- In another heated pan, add oil, chopped garlic, onion and saute. Add boiled macaroni pasta, water and let it cook.
- Add salt as per taste, crushed black pepper and toss it.
- Add the dal - rice mixture in a plate. Add the pasta.
- In another pan, add oil, chopped garlic, tomato puree, vinegar, salt as per taste and let it reduce.
- Add sugar, chilli powder.
- In a bowl, add boiled chickpeas, red chilli powder, all spice powder and mix it well.
- Add salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Add lemon juice and mix it.
- Add the reduced sauce over the pasta. Add chickpeas mixture.
- Garnish with fried onions, lemon slice, micro greens.
- Sprinkle the mixture of processed cheese, lemon juice and fried onions.
Explore our Popular Stories.