Sample this dry, spicy potato dish from Patiala containing varied spices like hung curd, green cardamom and cloves and get transported to Raja Bhupinder Singh's royal courts.Read More
- 5 - 6 baby potatoes
- 10 - 12 black peppercorns
- 6 black cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 3 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp mace powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 5 - 6 saffron strands
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 onions
- 100 gm coriander leaves
- Procedure to make Kibti: In a heated pan add water, baby potatoes and let it boil.
- In a heated pan add black peppercorn, green cardamom, cloves and let it toast.
- Add the toasted spice in the grindstone and grind it.
- In a bowl add ground masala, hung curd, ginger - garlic paste, mace powder and mix it well.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder and mix it well.
- Peel off the skin of boiled potatoes.
- Mix the boiled potatoes in the marination.
- In a heated pan add saffron strands, heat it, crush it and add it in the marinated potatoes.
- In a heated pan add ghee, marinated potatoes and fry it until it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Add sliced onions in the potatoes and mix it.
- Add water in the marination and marinate the potatoes.
- Add fresh chopped coriander leaves and toss it.
- Add ghee and toss it again.
- Serve it on a plate and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves, fried almonds and Kibti is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.