Kibti By Ajay Chopra
Sample this dry, spicy potato dish from Patiala containing varied spices like hung curd, green cardamom and cloves and get transported to Raja Bhupinder Singh's royal courts.Read More
- 5 - 6 baby potatoes
- 10 - 12 black peppercorns
- 6 black cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 3 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp mace powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 5 - 6 saffron strands
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 onions
- 100 gm coriander leaves
- Procedure to make Kibti: In a heated pan add water, baby potatoes and let it boil.
- In a heated pan add black peppercorn, green cardamom, cloves and let it toast.
- Add the toasted spice in the grindstone and grind it.
- In a bowl add ground masala, hung curd, ginger - garlic paste, mace powder and mix it well.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder and mix it well.
- Peel off the skin of boiled potatoes.
- Mix the boiled potatoes in the marination.
- In a heated pan add saffron strands, heat it, crush it and add it in the marinated potatoes.
- In a heated pan add ghee, marinated potatoes and fry it until it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Add sliced onions in the potatoes and mix it.
- Add water in the marination and marinate the potatoes.
- Add fresh chopped coriander leaves and toss it.
- Add ghee and toss it again.
- Serve it on a plate and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves, fried almonds and Kibti is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.