Chef Shipra Khanna presents a vegetarian version of the popular Middle Eastern dish, Kibbeh. She uses pumpkin instead of minced meat with other traditional ingredients like bulgur wheat, pomegranate and pine nuts. This deep-fried delicacy makes a great brunch option.Read More
- For Kibbeh
- 1 cup boiled bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 tsp all spice mix
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying filling
- In a bowl, add boiled bulgur wheat, mashed pumpkin and mix it well. Add all spice mix powder, salt as per taste and mix it again.
- For the filling, in a bowl, add chopped onions, salt as per taste, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, nutmeg powder. Add all spice powder and mix it. Add crushed black pepper, mint leaves and mix again.
- Apply oil on hands, fill the onion mixture in pumpkin mix and fold it. Deep fry it in the oil until it turns golden brown.
- For Tzatziki, in a bowl, add grated cucumber, garlic clove, roughly chopped mint leaves. Add yogurt and whisk it. Add salt as per taste and mix again.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, mint leaves and serve with the dip.
Explore our Popular Stories.