Khuba Roti By Nepalsingh
This roti is known by different names- khoba roti,jadi roti and rot.Khoba Roti comes from RajasthanThe word Khoba means deep indentation . This roti is traditionally made by pinching the overall surface to create an interesting design.Its got a crispy crust just like a pie and it's soft from insideRead More
- 500gm wheat flour / multigrain flour
- 250gm melted ghee clarified butter*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- water approx for kneading a stiff dough.100gm ghee for drizzle
- Add salt to the flour and mix well.
- Add melted ghee .Rub the flour between your fingers so that entire flour is well coated with ghee .
- Add water little at a time to knead a stiff dough..After kneading it smooth just coat it with some ghee and let it rest covered for 15 -20 mins atleast .
- Roll it without dusting with dry flour approx 1/2 " thick round .
- Flip the roti and make the pinching design one side.
- Place it on a warm non stick skillet, plain side keep down only .
- Once it's lightly cooked from one side then cooked pinching side.when fully cooked Drizzle some ghee on the top .
- Enjoy with Dal, kadhi or chutney.