Uttar Pradesh's Khatri weddings have many beautiful rituals, and a variety of sweets and savouries are served during these rituals. One of these delicacies is Khoya Matar Makhana that is usually served with puris.Read More
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup blanched green peas
- salt as per taste
- For makhana
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup makhana
- For garnish
- fresh coriander leaves
- In a bowl add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, water and mix it.
- In a heated pan, add ghee and let it warm.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves and let it cook.
- Add the mixture of spices, water and mix it well.
- Add khoya and mix it.
- Add water and keep stirring.
- Add blanched green peas, salt as per taste and mix it well.
- For preparing Makhana, add ghee in heated pan.
- Add makhana and fry it until it turns crisp brown.
- Add the makhana in the gravy and stir it.
- Garnish the Khoya Matar Makhana with coriander leaves, khoya and serve it with puri.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.