Khichada - Traditional Indian one pot meal By Gharwala Cuisine
Khichada - Traditional Indian one pot meal
Winner - Your Recipe Contest Week 1
Nutrition is the hero for this recipe, rich with proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins.Walking down the nostalgia lane, learnt it from my grandmother during our summer holidays.Basic ingredients found in our Indian homes are the essence here and makes it easy and quick to cook anytime.Read More
- 1 cup Whole wheat grains
- 1 cup Jowar grains
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 cup Toor dal
- 1/4 cup Chana dal
- 1/4 cup Rice grains
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 Green chillies (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 4 Curry leaves
- Oil and Salt to taste
- 3 -4 cups water(sufficient enough to cook in pressure cooker)
- In a pressure cooker,on a low flame add wheat grains, jowar, rice, all the dals and water. Note: Adjust the water if needed.
- Wait till 8 whistles ,after cooled down,check if everything is cooked.
- For tadka, heat up oil in a big pot .
- Add ginger garlic paste fry for 2 min.
- Add green chillies, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and curry leaves ,fry for 20 seconds.
- Add the tadka to the cooked grains and dal ,with spoon mix everything well.
- Serving :Mix yogurt to the prepared 'khichada' and serve with your favourite pickle.