Khatta Meetha Kaddu By Ranveer Brar
Khatta Meetha Kaddu
The pujas in Benaras are incomplete without the Khatta Meeta Kaddu. This recipe is made without onions and garlic and is served with puri. Chef Ranveer Brar brings Benaras's famous recipe to your kitchen.Read More
- 3 - 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 pieces ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds powder
- 750 gm pumpkin
- 1/2 cup tamarind water
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- Crush some ginger in a mortar and pestle to make a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the ground ginger, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, red chilli powder, turmeric and fry the masala.
- After frying the masala, add some water, cumin and fennel powder, chopped pumpkin and let it cook.
- When the pumpkin gets soft, add jaggery and tamarind water and simmer for a bit.
- Khatta Meetha Kaddu is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.