Khaja By Ajay Chopra
Khaja is a traditional Indian dessert. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for this layered dessert. This dessert infused with saffron is crispy, crusty and yummy. Do try this recipe at homeRead More
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- saffron strands
- For khaja dough
- 4.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp maida
- 1 cup of water
- oil for frying
- For boondi
- gram flour
- For garnish
- chopped pistachio
- In a pan, add water, sugar, saffron strand and let it cook until it turns sticky.
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, melted ghee, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and black pepper powder.
- Add water and prepare a dough.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, add ghee, refined flour and mix it well.
- Roll out the dough and add the refined flour mixture.
- Dust it with flour and roll it out.
- Roll out the second sheet of dough, add the dough log in it and roll it again.
- Cut it into pieces and pinch it from sides.
- Fry it in medium hot oil until it turns golden brown.
- Dip the Khaja in sugar syrup and leave it to coat for a minute.
- For boondi, in a bowl, add water, gram flour and mix it well.
- Pour the batter into a perforated spoon and let it drop into the oil forming boondies.
- Fry them and add it in the sugar syrup.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.