Kerala Style Chicken Perattu /Roast By Ashwathy Nair
Kerala Style Chicken Perattu /Roast
Chicken Perattu /Roast is a traditional spice rich chicken dry dish that is deliciously flavorsome & absolutely appetizing! This dry chicken curry preparation involves slow-cooking chicken pieces in a Mix spice paste base. The chicken perattu will go well with rice or with any Indian Flatbread.Read More
- Chicken- 1 kg, cut into small bite size pieces
- Onion- 1, thinly sliced
- Shallots/ Pearl Onion- 10-15, thinly sliced
- Green chilies-3, finely chopped
- Ginger-2″, finely chopped
- Garlic- 6 pods, finely minced
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder- 3 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel powder- 3/4 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Tomatoes-1 finely chopped
- Coconut Oil- As needed
- Water- As needed
- Salt- To taste
- Clean, wash, & drain the chicken pieceIn a grinder, make a coarse paste of the shallots, green chilies, ginger, & garli.
- Marinate the drained chicken pieces with this paste along with the spices – turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, fennel powder, pepper powder, & salKeep it aside for 15-20 .
- In a shallow pan, Add the marinated chicken and fry for 2-3 minCover with a lid and cook for 10 minWater will ooze out from the chickeCook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the gravy is dried up and the chicken is cooked.
- In another pan, add oil, curry leaves and add the sliced onions and saute until translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked add dried up cooked chicke.
- Sprinkle garam masala, fennel powder, pepper powder & salMix well and let it cook for another 5 minSprinkle 1 tsp of coconut oil, mix well and keep it covered until ready to serv.
- Serve hot with ghee rice or parott.