Katori Chaat By Ananya Agarwal
An unique chaat recipe and an ideal party starter snack which can certainly raise lot of curiosity with party guests. Apart from being an ideal recipe, it can be favorite snack for kids.Read More
- FOR KATORI:
- 2 cup maida
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil, hot
- water to knead
- oil for frying
- FOR KATORI CHAAT:
- 1 potato / aloo, boiled & cubed
- ¼ cup green chutney
- 1 cup moong sprouts
- ½ cup tamarind chutney
- 1 cup curd
- sprinkle kashmiri red chilli powder
- sprinkle cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ cup sev
- few coriander leaves
- sprinkle chaat masala
- sprinkle salt
- firstly, prepare maida dough.
- now pinch a ball sized dough, and flatten i.
- dust flour as required and roll slightly thick.
- prick the flattened dough with fork.
- place a small katori or cup and wrap the dough.
- deep fry in hot oil .
- splash oil till the katori separates from the dough.
- now fry the katori, till it turns golden and crisp.
- drain off over kitchen paper and keep aside.
- prepare chaat by assembling katori in a plate.
- add in 1 tsp boiled and cubed potato, 2 tbsp moong sprouts, ½ tsp green chutney, 1 tsp tamarind chutney and 1 tbsp curd.
- also sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- add in a tbsp of onion and tomato.
- garish with 2 tbsp sev and pomegranate.
- finally, serve katori chaat immediately, sprinkling chaat masala over it.