Katlumma with Potato Pickle and Kesar Halwa
This dish is made on the occasion of Dussehra in West Pakistan's Peshawar's Kohat provinces. This dish is combined with deep fried paratha made of maida (Katlumma), potato pickle and kesar halwa.Read More
- Baby potatoes cut in two halves. ------- 500 gm
- Methi Dana. (Fenugreek). ------- 1 Tablespoon
- Calongy (Black seed). ------- 1 Teaspoon
- Dhaniya ke Beej (Coriander Seeds). ------- 1 Tablespoon
- Sonth Powder (Dry Gourd). ------- 1 Tablespoon
- Kutti Lal Mirch (Crushed Red Chillies). ------ 1 Tablespoon
- Amchoor Powder (Dry Mango powde2 Tablespoon
- Til ya Sarson ka Tel (Sesame or Mustard Oi2 Tablespoon
- Salt and Saunf (AnisFor taste
- Neembu ka Russ (Lemon Juic1 Lemon
- Peel 500 gm of baby potatoes and cut in half and wash.
- In a pan, dry roast the Fenugreek Seeds, Black Seeds and Coriander seeds. Then grind them coarsely.
- In a fry pan, pour the measured Sesame Oil and put the ground masalas. Then add the cut potatoes and stir it for 3 minutes. Then add 2 cups of water and cook it till the potatoes soften.
- Step Now add salt, Dry Mango powder and Crushed Red chillies and stir it well On simmer gas for 4-5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Step when all the ingredients are cooked well, turn off the gas and add juice of 1 lemon and stir well. Now serve it hot in a bowl.