Kathal Ki Sabji with Poori By Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Kathal Ki Sabji with Poori
Kathal (Jackfruit) is used in Indian cuisine to make pickle or sabzi. Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay shares a traditional recipe for making Kathal Ki Sabzi. This vegetable cooked in minimal spices and tangy tomato puree tastes amazingly good and when served with hot puri’s makes for a perfect meal.Read More
- clarified butter
- 1 bowl chopped raw jackfruit
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped green chilli
- 1 cup tomato puree
- salt as per taste
- oil for frying
- coriander leaves and fried onions for garnish
- In a heated pan, add clarified butter, chopped jackfruit and cook it on low flame until it turns golden brown. Add the fried jackfruit in the bowl.
- In the same pan, add clarified butter, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chilli and mix it.
- Add tomato puree and let it cook. Add fried jackfruit, salt as per taste and mix. Add water as required and let it cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Roll out the poori and deep fry it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fried onions.
Explore our Popular Stories.