Kathal Ki Sabji with Poori
Kathal (Jackfruit) is used in Indian cuisine to make pickle or sabzi. Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay shares a traditional recipe for making Kathal Ki Sabzi. This vegetable cooked in minimal spices and tangy tomato puree tastes amazingly good and when served with hot puri’s makes for a perfect meal.Read More
- clarified butter
- 1 bowl chopped raw jackfruit
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped green chilli
- 1 cup tomato puree
- salt as per taste
- oil for frying
- coriander leaves and fried onions for garnish
- In a heated pan, add clarified butter, chopped jackfruit and cook it on low flame until it turns golden brown. Add the fried jackfruit in the bowl.
- In the same pan, add clarified butter, cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chilli and mix it.
- Add tomato puree and let it cook. Add fried jackfruit, salt as per taste and mix. Add water as required and let it cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Roll out the poori and deep fry it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fried onions.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.