Kathal Biryani By Ajay Chopra
An interesting combination of spiced biryani and fried jackfruit.Read More
- ½ kg Rice
- 2 Onions
- 4 inch Ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 5 Clove
- 250 gms Kathal
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 5 Green Cardamom
- 2 Mace
- 2 bay Leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 8 Black peppers
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Corianderi powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Screw pine water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- For kathal biryani soak rice for half an hour.
- In a stock pot add water, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, green cardamom, mace, bay leaves and let the water boil.
- Once done, add ghee, soak rice, salt, cover the lid and let the rice cook.
- Remove the rice and spread it on the plate.
- For the biryani paste add ginger, garlic cloves, green chillies and clove the mortar pastle and make a coarse paste.
- Deep fry kathal till brown and crisp remove them and keep aside.
- In a pot add ghee, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, green cardamom, mace, black peppers and sliced onions.
- Once onion is brown add the paste, add little water to mix the mix well.
- Add turmeric powder,red chilli powder, corianderi powder, salt and saute.
- Whisk curd well and add in the biryani pot.
- Keep stiring curd continuously so the curd doesnt get split.
- Add slited green chillies and saute till oil of the gravy dosent come up.
- Add tomatoes and fried kathal.
- Add little water to make good gravy.
- Add chopped mint and coria.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.