Kathal Badi By Pankaj Bhadouria
Kathal Badi is a spicy gravy served with jackfruit and urad dal badis. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for same. This Kathal gravy is delicious and spicy. Try it this at home.Read More
- 1/2 kg jackfruit
- water as required
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 100 gm badi
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 cup onion paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Apply oil on the palm of your hands and cut the jackfruit in into a 1-inch piece. In a pan, add water, jackfruit, turmeric powder, pink salt and let it boil. Strain the jackfruit in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a heated pan, add mustard oil, badi, saute it and remove it in a bowl. In the same pan, add fenugreek seeds, onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste and saute.
- Add yellow mustard paste and cook it. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, water as required and mix it well.
- Add water, pink salt as per taste and stir it. Add fried wadi and let it boil. Add the boiled jackfruit and cook it for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add garam masala and cook. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.