Karkade And Kahk By Ranveer Brar
Karkade And Kahk
Herbal tea and buttery cookies are just the things you need for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Chef Ranveer Brar and his guest share recipes for two Egyptian delights Karkade and Kahk. Karkade is a delicious Hibiscus tea, and Kahks are walnut and honey-infused yummy cookies.Read More
- For karkade
- 50 gm dried hisbiscus flowers
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled)
- 1 lemon
- fresh mint leaves
- For kahk
- 50 gm clarified butter
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp yeast (mixed with 2tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- For filling
- 100 gm walnut
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- For garnish
- powdered suga
- In a pan, add water and let it boil.
- Add chopped ginger, dried hibiscus flowers and leave it to boil.
- Add lemon juice, powdered sugar and mix.
- In a jar, add mint leaves and pour the tea.
- Store it in the fridge to chill.
- In another pan, add ghee and let it heat.
- Add sesame seeds, all-purpose flour and mix it. Add the mixture in a bowl.
- Add milk, yeast and water mixture and mix it well.
- Add powdered sugar and prepare a dough.
- Stuff the dough with the walnut filling and add it on a baking tray.
- Prick the cookie using a fork.
- Bake it in the oven at 170'C - 180'C for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Pour the tea in the glass and serve with cookies.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.