Karachi Wadi By Pallavi Nigam Sahay
A special dish from Pakistan is presented by Chef Pallavi’s guest who arrived in India from Karachi after the partition. Her Karachi Wadi has deep-fried chana dal balls cooked in a spicy, sweet and tangy curry, is sprinkled with sev and finely chopped onions and is eaten with paav. All food lovers will relish this Karachi wadiRead More
- For Karachi Wadi
- 250 gm chana dal
- 150 gm finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt as per taste
- chopped coriander leaves
- oil for frying curry
- In a bowl, add chana dal paste, finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt as per taste, coriander leaves and mix it.
- Make small balls of the batter and deep fry it in the oil until it turns golden brown.
- For the curry, add oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onion and saute. Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt as per taste and mix it.
- Add water and mix. Add palm jaggery, tamarind water and let it boil. Add the wadi in the pan and cook it for 2 - 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, sev, chopped onions and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.